Saturday, August 30, 2008

BMX / Testing the new flash unit

My husband is sometimes under the false delusion that he is still twelve years old.

However, I'm really happy with the new flash!

3 seconds at f/6.3, ISO 100, wireless shutter remote, Speedlite 580EXII hand fired off-camera. RAW file slightly adjusted for flash temperature as it made him look very blue on the yellow background of street lights at night time.

Of course I would have shot this entirely differently if I had some type of radio slave unit for the flash. (Second on the list after the lens upgrade, lol) With that I could have made these shots at a normal, fast shutter speed without any motion blur or light trails, but I like that effect and have always liked experimenting with "light painting" with a handheld flash unit.

dani bmx 3

dani bmx 2

dani bmx

No comments: