Friday, August 22, 2008

So I finally have a photoblog!

Who really cares... but I jumped on the bandwagon anyway! 2008 has been a crazy year of change, change, change.

I started off the year deciding that I was going to pursue the freelance makeup artistry side more than photography. I did, and through that move I met the fabulous Jess Cumbie, who has turned out to be my wedding-shooting match made in heaven! I did a few makeup jobs for some clients of hers, and we quickly built an awesome friendship. I realized how much I missed shooting and she invited me onboard as her second shooter. We share very similar ideas and our styles are similar, yet worlds apart, which I believe has contributed to the evolution of our photography and the big plans we will reveal after the first of the year!

In the photography aspect of things, I decided at the first of the year that I wanted to work more on personal projects. Life got a little bit in the way of that and I haven't done too terrible much yet. I got married in April, bought a house in June, and things have been hectic everywhere to say the least. With the change coming in mine and Jess' wedding photography, I was pretty well forced to make the much-needed equipment upgrade to a 30D. I'm enjoying this camera so very much and hope to put it to good use with some interesting projects that will be posted here from here on out.

2 comments:

Jess Cumbie said...

OK firstly choose the Minima Wide one... then do your px to 680 @ 240dpi I what I do mine at... then you'll be dandy... :D

Tara said...

Thanks! Maybe that was my issue, I was saving at 300dpi (print quality) durrrrr.... :) Don't feel like resizing and reuploading everything already posted so I'll do the future ones like that!