Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tuesday, 9/2/08

Day two didn't hold too much excitement for me. Mostly due to my broken toe. My super husband went to work for me this morning so I could stay home and ice my foot, came home for a couple hours break, then went back to work his shift tonight. (I'm lucky!) Jezzika came over to keep me company for a bit and we decided to go check out the beach. Dani and I didn't make it yesterday and the surf report on Surf Station called for crappy conditions anyway. Things didn't look much better on the report today but we went down to see if I could get a few shots in anyway and to brainstorm about some future projects. North of the pier was a big washing machine when we got there. Very messy and inconsistent. South of the pier people speckled the water between the pier and A Street. Still not very consistent, but some pretty big, speedy waves here and there. I shot a little from the shore then scraped up 50 cents from the car and went onto the pier for some as we started to lose light.

surftography 24

surftography 22

surftography 21

surftography 23

surftography 25

Once again, today I had completely different plans for what I was going to shoot. It involved a trip to Jacksonville that did not happen and will most likely be rescheduled for next week. I'm working on a little something for Jess and I to use at weddings that will hopefully be completed and tested tomorrow. And I have an awesome subject scheduled so be sure to check it out!

2 comments:

Jess Cumbie said...

OMG you are killing me!!!!!!!!!

A, your little something, I'm dying to find out what it is... B these surf shots, oh how I love surfer boys... I mean action shots!!!! Wes is going to ring my neck that's two days in a row I've ogled surfer boys... LOL

I soooo want to come with you one day... are you getting these shots with softie? I've got a 70-300 for you to try out it goes with softie so I think it's soft as well but w.e. I don't remember, I like never use it... plus I have my 70-200 that I'm DYING to use...

Tara said...

Yep, these are with the old standard 75-300 EF I've had for 4 years. :) The next week is going to be interesting with the storms! My mom called off plans with me Saturday so if it's not raining and really crappy I'll probably be out shooting if you want to come and aren't busy. You should be able to get some good shots off the pier with Sweet Pea!