Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wednesday, 9/3/08 pt. 1

Yesterday I mentioned I was working on a little thing for Jess and I to use at weddings. I got so busy shooting a squirmy little subject today that I didn't have time to do any real test shots with it, and I just now completed mine. I have something in mind for tomorrow's post though that will incorporate this little mod!

I present.... the BT snoot!

bt snoot

Now, nobody else knows what BT means except Jess and me, so we'll keep that our little inside joke for now. I'll just say the BT is in red for a reason, and the glitter is more of the joke. ;) I'm going to make Jess one as soon as she picks out her Velcro color! I forgot to take a photo of my Velcro, but I chose pink!

This was super easy and quick to make, and offers a natural vignette or a spotlight effect, depending on your flash power, how tightly you have it closed, and how far down (long or short) you have it on the flash head. The Velcro closure enables you to adjust the size of the opening on the end, allowing you to control the spread of light on your subject. All in all, it cost roughly $10-12 for the supplies to make two of this size, including the letters.

2 comments:

Jess Cumbie said...

OMG OMG OMG that's too cooooool!!!!! I cant wait to see what it does!!! if you have pink velcro left over pink is fine... other wise black or red or even white work for me... LOL I can't wait to test these babies out... OOOOOH do you know a good sketch artist?

Tara said...

Yep, I've got some pink left over! (You can't really see it anyway lol)